Ingredients you need
- 6-7 asparagus stalks
- 2 eggs
- 1 spoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
I was recently looking for something different for breakfast and came up with this delicious dish that can be served also for lunch and dinner. There are so many ideas for asparagus and eggs online but I find this one really very simple and is one pot recipe which I find great.
Asparagus and Eggs - easy and light breakfast, lunch or dinner
- 6-7 stalks green asparagus
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh pepper
- Wash the asparagus and cut 2 cm off the ends of the stalks. Additionally, peel 2-3 cm of the stalks to ensure there are no woody parts.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add olive oil to the pan and immediately add the asparagus.
- Fry the asparagus for 10 minutes until it is tender, and season with salt and pepper.
- Crack the eggs over the asparagus and reduce the heat. Cover the pan for about 5-10 minutes until the egg whites are firm and the yolk is cooked to your desired preference.
- Season the eggs with some salt and pepper and add some freshly chopped chives.