If there is something that I never liked in my childhood but I do love to eat now, the first one is broccoli and the second one is spinach. Around my 20s when I lived in Berlin I discovered how tasty green vegetables are, especially with cheese, with a lot of cheese.
This recipe today is very simple and you can pre-cook the veggies (do step 1 and 2 below) and just put the meal in the oven 30 minutes before you want to serve it.
Let's start cooking <3
1. Peel the potatoes, wash and boil in salt water until soft.
2. Cut the broccoli head into small florets and put in boiling water for 5 min.
3. In this time mix the cream with the almonds, 50 g of the cheese, the eggs, a pinch of nutmeg, some freshly ground pepper and a pinch of salt. In a small bowl mix the flour with 3-4 spoons of water of water. Start with just one spoon of water and continue adding water spoon by spoon until smooth and then add to the cream.
4. When the potatoes are cooked cut in slices and put in the casserole and add the broccoli. Pour the cream and cheese mix on top and put in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
5. Top up the gratin with the last 50 g of cheese and bake until cheese is melted and has a light golden brown color.