Ingredients you need for your Shrimps Sauteed
- 1 kg cleaned and deveined shrimp
- 100 g Butter
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion – medium size
- 125 ml Dry white wine
- 1/2 Lemon – juiced
- 4 table spoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
* Preparation time depends from that if the shrimps are already cleaned and deveined.
I love shrimps. I can enjoy shrimps in any way… in sushi, as tempura, in a pasta, really in any possible way. Where I come from, from the Black Sea, the shrimps are really tiny and small. When I was a kid, they used to sell them on the street, just plain cooked and “served” in a paper cone 🙂
When traveling I have discovered all the other shrimp types and sizes – baby shrimps, like the ones I knew from home, tiger shrimps, king size, prawns… In every country, there is one more name for shrimps maybe. What I found out for my self is that the middle size is just perfect, as there is enough meat, and intensive taste, because as bigger the shrimps are, the taste intensity fades.
In March 2017 we were on vacation in Fuerteventura, one of the Canarian islands, we found this huge grocery store and there was such a good choice of fresh fish and seafood. I was so disappointed by the portion of shrimps I got in a restaurant the evening before that we just left the store with one kilogram of langoustines. I had a kitchen in the holiday apartment so I just wanted simple shrimp recipes with not so many ingredients.
If you do have a place to buy fresh shrimps this is the best choice. Fresh is always better than frozen but do not forget that you need some time to clean and devein the shrimps. If you never did this before do not worry is not difficult at all. You can ask on the market when you buy them and they will show you how to do this.
All you need is a sharp knife. You cut the head, remove the legs, crack the shell and peel it off. With a sharp knife do shallow long cut on the back where the vein is and remove it. If you do not quite sure there are great videos online.
Let’s get started! It will be so delicious… I promise!
How to prepare your Shrimps Sauteed
Shrimps sauteed with onion garlic white wine and butter
- 1 kg schrimp cleaned and deveined
- 100 gr Butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 4 tbs Parsley fresh and chopped
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic and the chopped onion; stir/saute 2 minutes.
- Add in shrimp; stir/saute 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a warm serving platter.
- Add wine and lemon juice to skillet; bring to a boil; boil 30 seconds.
- Decrease heat, return shrimp to the pan, add in chopped parsley; stir until heated through.
- Transfer to a serving plate or serve in the pan, as I did; garnish with parsley sprigs and serve immediately.