Preparation time 10 min
Time for the salad to rest 10 min
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cucumber
- 1 peach
- 1/2 lemon - the juice
- 1 handful fresh chives
- sea salt
- fresh pepper
I wanted to make one of my favorite tomato, cucumber, avocado salad but I realized that I do not have any tomatoes home... So I had to experiment :), or this is what I believed I was doing...Just saw what other fruits had and added some peach in the salad to give some more flavor and color to my avocado, cucumber salad. It did turn out really great and super delicious. I found online similar recipes with mango instead of peach, or with onion and dill...So if you do not have chives, just experiment, add a flavor you like, maybe some dill or parsley :).
I made this salad few times and I found out for myself that it tastes a touch better if you leave it for 10 min on the side before serving, but if you do not have the time just enjoy it right away 🙂
1. Peel the cucumber and remove the seeds if you like, I usually do not do it every time, depends on the cucumber and how many the seeds are. Peel the avocado and If the peach is very ripe you might like to peel it too. Dice the cucumber, avocado, and peach into small cubes ( 3/4 cm). Put all in a salad bowl.
2. Chop the chives and add it to the salad.
3. Season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper and mix it well with a spoon.
4. Let the salad rest for 10 min for better taste.
* Perfect match as a side dish to fish and vegetarian meals.