Ingredients needed for your Cabbage and Carrot Soup
Recently I was clearing up the fridge and found half a cabbage that I had to use. I didn’t want to make a salad, because the cabbage here in Germany is often very hard and not suitable for salads…
More than ten years ago, the cabbage soup diet was fairly popular (not that I’ve tried it as it sounded disgusting to me). Today, my taste in food is quite different, I did my homework and it turned out that there’s cabbage soup both in the Italian and the Mexican cuisine… I changed the ingredients and spices to suit my taste and according to what I had, and ended up with a super tasty recipe.
Enjoy your meal!
How to prepare this tasty and Easy Cabbage and Carrot Soup
Easy Cabbage and Carrot Soup
- 1/4 cabbage
- 1 onion
- 600 ml vegetable broth homemade or bio
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 1 pinch of chili pepper
- 1 ts dried dill or fresh
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Peel and cut the onion. Peel and dice the carrot, then cut the cabbage into strips.
- In a suitable pot cook the onion and carrot with some olive oil for 4-5 minutes. Add the cabbage, pour the broth and add some water. The amount of water depends on the quantity of the cabbage... and on how thick you prefer the soup.
- Season with salt, add dill and chili pepper and let it simmer for about 40 minutes, or until the cabbage softens.
- Finally season with lemon juice.