Ingredients needed for your Brussels Sprout and Carrots
The Brussels sprouts is an unknown relative of the broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower. This vegetable typically reaches up to 50-60 cm in height and has large leaves, but the whole plant could be rarely found on the market. The edible buds are with a diameter of 2 to 5 cm and grow on the stalks. It has been cultivated in Europe for several centuries and is believed that Brussels sprouts were first cultivated in Belgium – hence the name.
Brussels sprouts, like cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower have a slightly tart taste. As with any other product, the secret is preparation. If prepared well, Brussels sprouts can become one of your favorite vegetables.
When cooking, there is an easy trick to check if the cabbage is cooked – just stick a toothpick into the buds, if they’re soft, you can remove them from the stove. When roasting, the time should be monitored, because this vegetable dries quickly.
This recipe for oven-baked Brussels sprout and carrots is delicious and quite easy to prepare.
How to prepare this tasty Roasted Brussels Sprout and Carrots step by step
Roasted Brussels Sprout and Carrots
- 1 kg Brussels sprouts
- 500 g carrots
- 1 clove of garlic pressed
- 3 tbs olive oil or other vegetable oil
- 1 tbs honey or agave
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Almonds optional
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Before cooking the Brussels sprouts, trim the “stump” off and remove the outside leaves if needed. Wash the buds. Peel and dice the carrots.
- Put the vegetables in a bowl and add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Transfer the vegetables to a lined baking tray with parchment paper, put in a preheated oven at 175 ° C and bake for about 35 minutes.
- If you’re going to add almonds, do it 4-5 minutes before the vegetables are ready. Enjoy your meal!