Ingredients needed for your Stuffed Peppers with Soy Meat
Instead of the standard and so popular stuffed peppers, I suggest replacing the minced meat and enjoying this childhood favorite in vegan version. I usually make stuffed peppers with soy mince and rice during fasting and to diversify the menu.
Soy mince or soy granules are an option to replace minced meat in traditional dishes. If you are fasting or vegan, soy granules are a great substitute, which will allow you to imitate the flavors of your favorite dishes – traditional stuffed peppers, moussaka or meatballs, for example.
There are many different opinions regarding soy products and how beneficial they are for the body. For this reason, I personally always buy bio soybean granules and look for a “not genetically modified” statement on the package. I recommend choosing only high-quality products.
This recipe for stuffed peppers with soy mince and rice really tastes authentic and will be delicious to meat-eaters as well… Especially if you don’t tell them it’s vegan ;).
How to prepare these tasty Stuffed peppers with soy meat and rice
Stuffed peppers with soy meat and rice
- 6 bell peppers
- 150 g soy granules soy mince
- 100 g rice
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup vegetable broth bio or homemade
- 3 tbs vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 cup tomato paste
- Savory or oregano to taste
- Salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Soak the soybean granulate following the instructions on the package. I soak only in water and for about 10 minutes, but it depends on the product you're using.
- Finely chop the onion and carrot and sauté in oil for 1-2 minutes. Add the rice and cook for a minute or until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and pour in the broth. If the broth is salt-free, season with salt and let it simmer until the water evaporates. Test the hardness of the rice, it should be almost cooked.
- Add the soy mince, which should be drained in advance. Season with black pepper and savory or oregano.
- Cut the tops of the bell peppers, remove the seeds and keep the lids. Stuff each pepper with rice mixture and put on the lids. Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes.