Ingredients needed for your Green Pea and Chickpea Cream Soup
Green peas are not only an extremely tasty vegetable, but also provide plenty of valuable nutrients. Thanks to the mix of vitamins B1, B2, B6, C and iron, they fight against fatigue, anemia, concentration and learning problems and disorders of the immune system.
Pea soup is a very popular type of dish in Northern and Central Europe, Iran, Iraq and Russia. I decided to diversify the classic pea soup and add some chickpeas. The two vegetables are from one family and go well together in other meals, so I thought why not. I’ve always liked the combination of similar vegetables… like broccoli and cauliflower, different kinds of beans in one dish, or chickpeas and peas. Try this super easy soup and you will love it for sure. If you have another great idea how to diversify the classic pea soup, write to me… I’ll be more than happy to give it a shot.
How do you like this Recipe? If you have comments or want to share your experience with us please leave a comment on our Facebook Page.
And here is how to prepare this tasty Green Pea and Chickpea Cream Soup step by step
Green Pea and Chickpea Cream Soup
- 200 g green peas frozen
- 100 g chickpeas canned
- 3-4 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- handfull fresh mint
- 600 ml vegetable broth homemade or bio
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Lemon juice freshly squeezed (optional)
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a suitable saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and let them cook for about 5 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add the frozen peas. Season with salt and pepper, add the broth and turmeric and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let the soup simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the canned chickpeas and let the soup boil for another 5-10 minutes. At the end add the fresh mint.
- Mix the soup using a blender.